- Susan Bilheimer
Since 1999, thousands have used my best-selling e-book to launch a lucrative career in technical writing!
Perfect for mid-life career-changers, teachers, technicians, creative writers, or anyone who wants to work as a freelance or fulltime writer.
Are you a creative and talented writer who just can’t find a way to earn your living purely from writing?
Do you have abilities in any technical arena? In other words, are you a repairperson, electrician, or a computer operator/support person?
Are you a teacher, instructor, or trainer?
Are you unemployed or underemployed at your present job and looking for a better career?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then you owe it to yourself to consider a career in technical writing.
If you can communicate clear, concise instructions, then you can be a technical writer. Through this book, I will show you, step by step, how to turn your writing talent into a rewarding and lucrative career, just as I did in 1997 … at the age of 42!
How to Become a Technical Writer will teach you all of this and more:
- How to search for jobs
- Create a technical writing resume using your current experience
- Learn by doing FREE tutorials and where to find them
- Understand important style rules for technical writing
- What software you need and how to access free versions
- The way to build confidence
- How to land that first job
- The four most common misconceptions about technical writers
- Three vital tips to begin your journey
- How to decide whether to work as a contractor or full-time employee
Plus, six successful technical writers share their stories about how they broke into the field.